|IF you are already a member click this button to logon:|
|Click this button to become a member------------->|
This site currently contains 33 of the premier rockhunting sites in the state of Arizona. The state of Arizona is one of the best locations in the world to obtain high quality gems and minerals. There are currently 3 senic Back Country Trips.
A summary of the website features:
DETAILED TRIP/ SITE INFORMATION:
- A brief description of the rock hunting Trip.
- Detailed directions for the highway portion of the Trip.
- Links to nearby area attractions or points of interest.
- Printable Overview Topographic Map of the off-road portion of the trip.
- Printable Detail Topographic Maps with pop-up trip photos taken at the shown location. Includes 2 to 6 photos at each site, depending on the length and type of trip.
- GPS waypoints for the off-road portion of the trip provided in a comma separated format (CSV) file that can be downloaded and imported into your mapping software or GPS device. Most GPS devices have PC software that will allow you to import trip routes from a CSV file. You can also print these coordinates and follow them using the detail topographic maps. Providing a guide for the off-road portion of the Trip.
- Photos of raw materials that can be found at the site.
- Trip photos that include beautiful panoramic destination shots.
- Trip Difficulty rating scale.
- Trip Location (area of the state).
- Trip Destination GPS coordinates.
- Links to other rock hounding trips in the region.
INDEX TO SITES:
- Arizona State map with links to 5 regions.
- Regional maps with pop-up descriptions and links to the selected sites detailed information page. North Central Arizona; Northeast; Northwest; Southeast; and Southwest.
- Photos of material found with a link to the detail site information page.
- Photos of finished materials with a link to the detailed site information page.
- Alphabetic listing of trips, with pop-up descriptions and links to detailed site information.
- Index of trips by difficulty rating (Easy, Intermediate, Difficult, or Very Difficult).
- Information on Arizona rock clubs, with website links (as available).
- Links to state and federal sites containing information about rock hunting in Arizona.
- A “Rock Hound Code of Ethics” (rules to be observed on trips).
- Photos, with links and descriptions of the equipment needed for collecting material.
- Links to trusted websites where rock hounding supplies and tools are sold.
- Experience level required for various rock hounding trips in Arizona.
- Description of Trip Difficulty designations: Easy, Intermediate, Difficult, or Very Difficult.
- Health advisories and desert survival tips authored by a professional nurse.
BE OUR GUEST AND CHECK IT OUT FIRST:
As a guest you can access any of the pages listed under the Home menu, the Contact page, and the index pages, however the only site you may access is the Purple Agate site.This is a subscription website. A lifetime membership to access the entire website may be purchased for only $29.99. That's less than a dollar per trip.
This one-time membership fee allows you to access all of the current trips as well as new and exciting trips that will soon be added. To get started simply click on the register button at the top of this page.